Hobby Farm Name

PippinChicken

Songster
Oct 28, 2017
I've seen some awesome threads on here about farm naming and was hoping I could get some help too!

We recently became home owners after buying a very unique modified A frame cabin on a couple mostly forested acres. I've been getting more active with selling poultry and feel like it's finally time to have a name to operate under.

While our only products right now are poultry related, once the garden is worked out we'll be selling any excess produce and starts as well. We also grow our own hops, apples, and grapes for beer, cider, and wine and sometime in the distant future we'd like to figure out the legalities of selling homebrewed things and add that to the list too. There's also quite a bit of woodworking going on and I expect we may sell excess live edge slabs and firewood at some point.

Neither of us have very appealing family names to use. Our street name is Beatie and our area is Beavercreek so I've been considering something with one of those, but it's an area with a lot of hobby farms, homesteads, nurseries, etc. so that probably wouldn't lead to a very memorable name. The land is forested (mostly doug firs, some cedar, cherry, and one massive madrone), mossy, has loads of big ferns, and we're hoping to have a lot of foxgloves and columbines all around the house.

I'd love to hear any ideas! The creativity bar is set very low with our current frontrunner of "K & M Farm" (our initials). Please help save us from choosing such a boring and unmemorable name :th

Firstly- don't think a personal name with your initials would be boring! It's so personal, and that's a good thing. Don't be scared to go with that, or even "-last name- Homestead/Farm".

If you had rabbits, I'd say "Hops To It Farms" (a play on hop to it, since you're mentioning raising hops).

You've mentioned so many projects- that's awesome! Maybe when you see what your best-responded-to product is, you can better form a name. I bet a lot of places there feature "-plant/tree/flower- farm" so making it personal will stand out better. Like I said, don't be scared to use your initials!

Back
Top Bottom