Hol in top of nurturite 360

Reapermoon

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2022
Theres a hole in top of my nurture right 360. My question is . I went into lockdown bout an hour ago big grey vent is open. But unless i cover the lil hole on top himidity wont go over 60 . Is it bad to cover that lil hole?

Theres a hole in top of my nurture right 360. My question is . I went into lockdown bout an hour ago big grey vent is open. But unless i cover the lil hole on top himidity wont go over 60 . Is it bad to cover that lil hole?
You do want it wide open for hatching. This is the drawback of these newer incubators - there isn't much room to "operate" then or account for relative conditions.

Wet a piece of sponge, put it in a small cup and place it somewhere in the bator. This will help you get more humidity in there. You are looking for about 70%. If you don't have a sponge, wet paper towel works as well.

DO NOT PUT JUST AN OPEN CUP OF WATER IN THERE!! This can lead to disaster if a newly hatched chick knocks it over or heaven forbid, drowns in it.

You do want it wide open for hatching. This is the drawback of these newer incubators - there isn't much room to "operate" then or account for relative conditions.

Wet a piece of sponge, put it in a small cup and place it somewhere in the bator. This will help you get more humidity in there. You are looking for about 70%. If you don't have a sponge, wet paper towel works as well.

DO NOT PUT JUST AN OPEN CUP OF WATER IN THERE!! This can lead to disaster if a newly hatched chick knocks it over or heaven forbid, drowns in it.
Tyvm for ur reply glad i didnt now. Again very much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom