Hola! Anxious new Chicken Mum!!

Carolanski

Chirping
5 Years
May 26, 2017
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Completely new to chickens- they arrived in the dead of night two days ago!! A gift from our neighbourhood builders merchant!!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

No idea!! A Spanish breed of sorts!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Googling "Why won't my new chickens go in their coop?!"

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Gardening, cooking, eating, gin

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Other half and I (along with our 12 year old cat Lenny) have just given up the rat race in the UK and moved to a small olive farm in Spain!!

Looking forward to tapping into this amazing resource. Gracias!

Completely understand giving up the rat race. We did the equivalent of that here in Texas. My almost 7 week old chicks have no problem going in their coop, but they refuse to sleep on their roosts, preferring instead to get comfy in the bedding - go figure....

Completely understand giving up the rat race. We did the equivalent of that here in Texas. My almost 7 week old chicks have no problem going in their coop, but they refuse to sleep on their roosts, preferring instead to get comfy in the bedding - go figure....

Hope your new life is working out! We're still a bit shell-shocked to be honest- it's only been 6-months!!

The chickens are laying in the coop but not roosting. It's just a smallish hen house in a larger run. They are currently roosting on the ridge of its roof!! Designed the run to be as predator-proof as possible so fingers crossed!

Hoping they might go in when the weather's colder. Maybe it's too warm in there - it's still 24C at 10:30pm. When it's down to minus 8C in the winter we will have to just put them in there whether they like it or not!!

Back
Top Bottom