Hola from Mississippi

mvktr2

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 9, 2009
Attala Co, MS Oprah's hometown
Glad to join the community, I have a few unique situations to deal with in keeping a small flock that I'm sure this community can help me with. I belong to a couple of other online communities, & they are great. One thing's for sure the net has made getting information on anything easy & fast.

About me: Live in Central MS, in a parsonage. Yep that's right I'm a minister. The parsonage sits on approx. 2 acres, 90% grass/field. Hoping to put together a small flock with a minimum of infrastructure, this isn't my home & anything I put up has to be "EASILY" removable & not have much of a footprint! Think you guys can see my unique concerns/problems on the horizon already!
smile.png
Off to post for suggestions on housing, breeds, etc.

Schlante,
Phillip

welcome-byc.gif
from WI. You may want to look at some of the tractors or small coop designs if you just want a few chickens. As you don't have to deal winters that bring several feet of snow your project shoud not be too much of a challenge. Good luck, keep us posted

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Hey Ole Miss fan Mandy H... did I mention Roll Tide!!!
smile.png
wink.png
big_smile.png
Should be a good good game later today! I don't expect Bama to go undefeated and this is absolutely one of those losable games! Also I see you have Welsumer chickens, on of the 3 or 4 breeds I'm looking keenly at. Are yours free range or at least let out some? I ask as we would be living in VERY similar geographic areas with similar potential problems.

Thanks again to all.

Schlante,
Phillip

Back
Top Bottom