1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hola!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gilley, May 3, 2017.

1. gilley

gilley Just Hatched

May 2, 2017
    New member here! I have a wry neck problem and am giving her vitamin E, probiotics and electrolytes in her water. I couldn't find selenium.... could that be why she is not getting better? Thanks for the help and I look forward to talking to you all and learning so much.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I see that you have already posted on the ER forum. I've never had to deal with the problem of wry neck, so I cannot offer any advice. The ER folks know their stuff, so feel free to ask on that forum.

Best wishes
    CT

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under gilley [​IMG] Welcome!

I am sorry to hear about the wry neck and hope that you are able to resolve it.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    It would help to see a photo of her showing how she holds her neck. What breed? How long has she been exhibiting this?

1 person likes this.
  5. gilley

gilley Just Hatched

May 2, 2017
    She holds her head to the left and almost underneath herself. She is a barnyard mix that I hatched in a incubator. She hatched like this

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by