Holderread's Discontinuing Raising Many Duck Breeds

duckmeister

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2014
Red Bluff, California
http://www.holderreadfarm.com/

Holderreads waterfowl farm is discontinuing many of the breeds they raise; all bantam and call ducks, cayugas, all runner duck breeds and more. If you want a chance to own the last of fine Holderread's birds that are the last of their kind, there are a few adult breeders still for sale. An era coming to an end, a great loss for the domestic waterfowl breeds. I'm kind of heartbroken about it all. I just ordered a couple of their remaining call ducks, looking forward to receiving them.

They aren't selling out of everything! They are simply downsizing and focusing on a select few breeds of geese and ducks.
And many of their birds, calls for one, are simply going to other breeders (his nephew I believe) who plan to continue what Dave started and has worked on all these years. So his genetics and lines of these breeds certainly won't be lost!

We raise Australian Spotted ducks and all of our ducks come out of his lines with several years of diversifying our genetics as much as possible. We want to get NPIP certified so we can ship since we always have people across the country wantjng to buy our ducks and we currently bave enough ducks to be a registered flock. If we did not need to reduce our flock I would get some of his ducks but we have more than we want already. I am so glad we have been working to conserve the breed. We have met with Dave and he certainly knows about ducks.

Dave and Millie's nephew Christopher (son of Millie) website is here: http://www.duckcreekfarm.com/

They sell:

[COLOR=rgba(6, 10, 249, 0.701961)]
  • Call Ducks: White, Gray, Blue Fawn, Butterscotch, and Pastel.
  • East Indies: Black and Blue.
  • Miniature Silver Appleyard
  • Australian Spotted: Greenhead, Bluehead, and Silverhead
  • Bantam Ameraucanas: Wheaten and Blue Wheaten
  • Large Fowl Minorcas: S.C. Black and S.C. White
[/COLOR]

We sell all of their elite Indian Runners in Canada, shipping back to the US in 2017 in limited quantities.

I just looked at their website and they will not have Australian Spotted ducks for sale until the fall. There was nothing about ducklings for sale.

Back
Top Bottom