Hole in shell

starri33

Crowing
Feb 28, 2016
Golden Valley AZ
have you ever tried the scotch tape over a hole in a egg that you were incubating? how did it turn out? I opened the lid to my incubator the other night to candle, I discovered a hole in the pointed end of a egg, the embryo was still viable at that time, They are not very far along in their development, 9 days today. The only thing I can think of is when I was putting the lid back on it is I punctured it with the arm for the rotator on the auto move, the hole is about the same size. So I put scotch tape over it. I just don't want to keep it in there if there is a risk of explosion and messing up the rest of the hatch, 5 out of 6 look viable.

I think if they don't leak or stink, there is little danger of explosion.
How big is the hole in mm or cm?
Tape is OK in certain circumstances. The sealant I've had the best success with is liquid skin bandage. But that works for cracks, not holes. Perhaps take an extremely small piece of tape and then cover the edges with the liquid skin.

I think if they don't leak or stink, there is little danger of explosion.
How big is the hole in mm or cm?
Tape is OK in certain circumstances. The sealant I've had the best success with is liquid skin bandage. But that works for cracks, not holes. Perhaps take an extremely small piece of tape and then cover the edges with the liquid skin.
Trying to think of something that would be considered the diameter, I think it could be described as a good size pip hole. it didn't as close as I could see break the membrane. The embryo was still moving around. Little black dot with the beginnings of veining

Back
Top Bottom