Holiday 2010

saddina

Internally Deranged
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Desert, CA
Yes I'm serious.

I can't be the only one already working on my list, so 'fess up who else is already planning?

So far:

The lemonmint wine is ready for bottling this weekend (if anyone wants the recipie PM me, and I'll send it, for december drinking it'll need to be brewed in March)
The herb garden is planted out for more herbed olive oils.
Orange spice vinegar is fermenting (it'll go into a salad dressing for spinach salads)

Quilts are being constructed for Evan (9), Erik (5) & my Granny for the holidays.
The womens & children's shelter has requested 50 care packages for next year, I co-ordinate thier requests, quite a few i'll do.

Figured I can't be the only one thinking ahead.

The Evan quilt, stars and planets on a starry background.

30078_scan0005.jpg

....I don't drink wine BUT I would like you to bottle up some of that boundless energy and send it to me!!

bow.gif

(that quilt is going to be awesome!)

I am already gathering thoughts and items needed for CHRISTmas this year.

What I will be doing.....Lord willing

Making Family Quilts for My Dad & Mom, Brother and his family, Sister and her family.

For the older 2 neices and 2 nephews (over 18 yrs. old) I will be making Rag Quilts.....thanks to Coyote putting th thoughts in my mind.

Now what to do for the younger ones all under 16 yrs. old????? Anyone have any ideas

Also, each family will receive a goodie box with fresh, baked goodies
droolin.gif

Also, I would loooooove to be able to make my oldest daughter a Wedding Ring Quilt for her wedding gift. Not sure how long that will take
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
It's not boundless, I promise. Mr Saddi travels for work, so I have several empty nights a week to fill. When I plan ahead I get more done in the year. I've 4 lap/crib quilts in progress i'll snap pics of, they'll go to the shelter.

The star quilt is done with a few blocks from quilter's cache:

http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html

I'm using several sizes of various star blocks, with some snowballs in baltics to be planets, and a star medillian that reminded me of a compass for the center. Most of the blocks are foundation piecing, which i'm comfortable with. Then the top is split into a center, right and left section and the sashing around each block varied to make it appear more randomly spaced.

On the grid each square is 2 sqin (finished).

I decided last year that I won't be doing holiday gifts this year except for my folks. It's just too crazy anymore. I've decided that at the holidays I will be working on things for different charities. K.A.R.E. for kids, Sr. Center and Salvation Army.

However, I am working on Birthday Presents for everyone else.

Pink Goth quilt for my neice.

Spring Block and strip swaps will be going to make a quilit for my older sister.

A Guitar quilt for my older brother.

Blue Jean quilt for my younger sister.

Marine Corp quilt for the hubby

Purple prints for another neice.

I want to be able to make a quilt for all my neices and nephews before the arthritis in my fingers gets too bad. (I used to play softball and baseball all the time up through collect and was a Catcher. Many broken and sprained fingers)

I make quilts for kids for K.A.R.E, Wheelchair and walker bags for the Sr. Center.

ETA---Also have a wall hanging I'm working on for my Vet.

Last edited:
I do want to see a photo of the quilt for your niece. Quite a few of the girls going thru the shelter are less pink roses and flowers and more black roses and flames. I'm planning on doing a few in the sugar skulls fabric for the less girly girls.

Quote:
There is some pretty sugar skulls fabric on eBay with pink and turquoise backgrounds.

Coyote.....do you have a pic of the bags you are making for the Sr. Center. We have one close by here with 19 to 20 residents and I'd love to do that for them this year. Last year we took puzzles, board games, ect. and the absolutely loved it.

Back
Top Bottom