holiday

claier

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 16, 2013
i am going on holiday in a few weeks and will be leaving my ducks in the care of my very good neighbour who has kept ducks before i am a bit worried because they dont know her should i itroduce her to them and for how long so they will be used to her feeding them

Yes, introducktions are in order.

I would let the neighbor visit two or three times, walk through room service and routines, and be sure to have neighbor give treats during the visits. If treats are involved, my ducks immediately declare it a routine, and expect it whenever they see someone who has doled out the goodies.
welcome-byc.gif

great thanks amiga i will be surely doing this cos my i love my duckies loads and didnt want them to be scared or stressed

I was a basket case the first year or two at the thought of leaving the ducklings (ducks). I write down what the routine is - first, in a short checklist form, then I write out in paragraphs anything else I want to convey, such as who is broody, who had a limp last week, who to watch around the gate, etc. Mostly it is an exercise for my own sanity. But the checklist is golden.

And with this heat, and so much else going on, the checklist helps me, too.

Hope the holiday is blessed.

me too i havent even named them yet having trouble finding ones that fit i am sure our holiday wil be ok i will miss my babies though i have two ducks two cats and one guinea pig and the ducks and cats are great they get on really well with each other they dont much like guinea pig though i guess thats cos he eats the grass too

Back
Top Bottom