Holidays.......

I love to decorate for the holidays....but that is pretty much as far as it goes for me.

One side of my family are raging alcoholics...the other side just doesn't speak to each other.

Sooo, it is usually just me, my brothers and my mom that stick together for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I do make a trip out to the drunken side of the family and make sure to give the kids a speech in the car before going in...

Me: "Now remember, don't stare at your Aunt Sue who will be dancing with half her clothes on before the night is out, don't listen to anything your Cousin Rick says, he is a pathological liar......."

DD: "Whats a patho.....um....what's that mean?"

Me: "He tell fibs about things"

DS: "Do we have to go in this time mom?"

DD: "I want to! I wanna see Cousin Springer shove the whole drumstick in his mouth like he did last year!!

DS: "That was pretty cool, hehehe"

DD: "Why does Aunt Ruby use the all those naughty words? And I guess beer makes Aunt Sue get warm huh? That's why she is always taking her clothes off huh mom?"

Me: *rolling eyes and shaking head* "Come on guys, let's just get this over with."

Gotta love holiday cheer.......THAT side of the family spells cheer......C.O.O.R.S.......and Jim Beam......

With the exception of one brother in law and one sister in law (who can cause enough hurt feelings for a million people.Sigh) our holidays are generally great and I always look forward to them.
This year though will be the first one without one of my sisters (she died last January), so I am sure it will be bittersweet.

Back
Top Bottom