Holy Crow!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by stumble_n_mumble, Dec 19, 2009.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    it is now 12am and the snow is still coming down!! i live in long island ny and we are getting hit with a badddd snow storm. the snow is already up to my knee. my poor birds. [​IMG] i hope they'll be alright!! this is the first time they've seen snow and they get this lol. there calling for 24inches...... or more! [​IMG]

2. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Wow! I was just seeing this on the news...incredible (and me going to work tonight without a jacket!). Stay warm! Are your birdfs in a high coop? Will they get snowed in?

3. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i went out this morning and it looked like i had no coop! it was the scariest thing i had ever seen. there pen and houses were no where to be seen. i eventually shoveled them out and everyone lived [​IMG] i will never forget this 6 feet of snow that covered there pens lol. stupid drifts. otherwise we got hit with at least 2 feet all over!!!

4. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    I'm 2 hours north of you in NY, and we only got a dusting. I was glad to see it stayed down south. Keep the snow on the coop roof,it makes great insulation. My flock has only ventured outside once in the past week. They hate the snow......Stay home,stay warm & be safe!

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    We got a solid two feet. I had to shovel to get their door open, but amazingly enough, despite their having no heat in the coop, their water wasn't even frozen! They have heated water bottle, but the non-heated one was icy but not frozen.

I shoveled out their pop door and managed to open it but they looked at me like, "Are you nuts?" LOL

Only the top inch of their pop door was visible!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by