Holy hannah I got quads!!!!!!!!

turnerstar31

Songster
12 Years
Jul 18, 2007
Well today was really exciting my one goat agnes had her babies but the surprise was she had four. I still can not believe it. We had to save one not sure if she is going to make it or not. She was so close to dying but we gave her mouth to mouth and stuff and she came around but is really weak. She was up to night and walking around so it is a good sign. She is the little tan one. Agnes had 3 girls and 1 boy
Here are some pics right after they were born

They are pygmy's and yes I am going to let her raise them. If something goes wrong I will supplement feeding but I have heard that as long as you feed them properly they can do it by themselves. She is a good milker so I am not to worried yet and she seems to have plenty right now so going to give it a try.

cool I was just wondering if you are going to use her as a milker because her udder looks good for milking did'nt think pygmies milked well what ever she is realy nice and so are here babies.

Good luck
Henry

A lot of times when they have trips or quads one or more will be weak when they are born. Think about it, they have been so crowded together for so ling they have no muscle tone at all. They haven't had the room to move and stretch, so they are cramped. I have had one so weak it couldn't even lift it's head for 3 days. It would flop back onto her side everytime you let go because that's the position she was in before she was born. But she turned out fine and by the time she was 2 weeks old, was bouncing around all over

Oh my that is a lot to have to take care of by herself. They are sooooo cute!!! I have 3 girls with NO boy. When I see pict of babies, I want them to have one. We're not going to let them though.

Congratulations!

Yeah I figured that was one reason but I also think that she got stuck in the canal because it took her a while to get out. The other two after her came right out no problem. She is doing a lot better just going to have to keep an eye on her.

Hcammack they are extremely good milkers for their size and some places actually do use them for milk. For their size they are a good dual purpose breed most people don;t realize that.

Back
Top Bottom