Holy high-powered candler Batman!

I got a really nice one from TSC sale bin, it works great with penetration and lights them up nicely, BUT it has blue LED's so you can't see veins, just blobs and movement! (I didn't buy it with candling in mind, but decided to try it)

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
OMG! As if the title wasn't funny enough! HA! That's funny.

I use a little cheapo LED flashlight that I got on sale for aroung $7 at Big 5 Sporting Goods. It works great! I can see lots of detail inside the eggs, even the darker ones and the blue ones. The thing I really like is that I can place it right against the eggs and move it around to check development without worrying about overheating the embryos. One of these days I might splurge and buy a more expensive one (like a SureFire) - I'll be you can see even more with one of those!!!

Living2ride - you'd better watch out for AussieSharon! She's completely addicted to hatching and I wouldn't put it past her to sneak into your house and "borrow" your new candler!!! LOL
lau.gif

Lori

My dh just got a similar light as a givaway at work. I told him he better keep it around for the next batch of eggs I'm throwing in the bator!

Cyn, I don't have a slide projector, but I do have a projector used to project pictures. It gets so hot that I can cook an egg in 20 seconds!! :eek: I'm assuming your projector is a little more egg-friendly!!! LOL

Lori

Back
Top Bottom