Holy Predators Batman-get The Gun!

Cute dog? what breed? Ouch I would wait a bit for my chooks. but Mine have a very sturdy run and don't get to free range, well except for the escapees.

Looks like a 3 am wake up to sit with shotgun is in order... The coon might be trapped , but appears like a big one. We have the same types of critters around here. This is why I cannot free-range. I would lose at least a bird a day.

Good luck with the varmits. Cool Pictures hubby got on game cam!

We use sweet corn and eggs to lure the coons into the traps- then they go for a one way trip :) Shooting the rest will help for awhile - but we've found as soon as there's a hole, another predator will move into the neighborhood. Our hen house looks like Fort Knox - and our setting hen turkey, who decided to go for the tall grass out back, has a sturdy dog kennel over her, weighted down with concrete blocks! We'll have to move her as soon as she hatches... into a barn!!!

raccoons love marshmallows they work great in the live traps. the cats ignore them. the other night our pig Nora started making a lot of racket, there was a raccoon trying to get in to one of the little hutches. hubby and Leslie the catahoulla took care of it.
Nora
38899_100_0966.jpg

yup I will have 3 traps out tonight-bg enough for a huge raccoon but fox I dont think so? we'll try though:) Ill let you know-hopefully the traps will be full in am-Im sure neighbors cat will be in one like last time! they are have a heart traps so we just let her loose-shes couldnt resist the cooked bacon or tuna!

Wow Just wow all in one night? thats as bad as my quad raptor attack in one day sheez and I thought I had it bad here in these flat land wheat pastures.thank goodness the only giant set of trees within 2 miles is the pecan trees in my yard. So thankful I dont live in the woods like that. Hope you keep the girls safe.

If the coyotes are not harming your birds- LET THEM BE. If you take them out others will move in that may not leave the birds alone. There will always be coyotes, it is better to have ones you can work with.

So I'm curious what happened to the white bowl the raccoon is getting into. It's missing from the Coyote pix but it's present in the rest. DId the raccoon just carry it off camera. IMO...I wouldn't let any predator go. Eventually they will find the chickens and have hours and hours of darkness to work in. Let us know your results.

Last edited:
Quote:
Its teh coons I am after-maybe a fox too-My freind is a taxidermist:) Coyotes cant get into the garages the others can!

Back
Top Bottom