Holy Predators Batman-get The Gun!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by sonew123, Sep 20, 2010.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] my dog??? LOL

These photos were snapped last night as DH was testing out his deer camera-motion detection takes photos

See folks this is why Im so picky bout locking my crew up at night at all times-I leave no one behind because I know I'd never see them again-even the stupid turkey off the roof-I have to climb a 15 ft ladder to chase him off and lock him up! Or Judge judy-my WCblack polish-love her and she is missing almost everynight nestled down on a stump or a potted plant etc...I am guilty for missing 1 from time to time and only by the grace of God did they survive the night.

My BIL is a wild life and nuisanse guy and lives next door..so guess what I'll be doing tonight? setting traps and hiding:) I do have to work tomorrow so the late night hunt wont be getting done but....I want to kick myself for not doing it last night as I took today off to get ready fr chickenstock in two weeks [​IMG] I mean I knew there were lurkers but all of them? sheesh...coyote-fox-racoon-my dog! haha

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Dang! You grow big coyote in your neck of the woods. Yikes!

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:packs of them.we've never really seen one-all though we thought we did from time to time. When DH went to retrieve the camera something big ran off into the woods-and I usually let the birds out about an hour after that! Im skeered to do that now! We hear the coyotes howling at night too:-(

4. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    [​IMG] We have deer cam also set up we mostly get deer and randon fox now and again.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    this was all in the wee hours-not my dog..Dh couldnt figure out how to set clock yet so we know my dog was let out at 9:30 PM so I can judge the times on the photos and they all appeared around 4-6 am....

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    ... lions and tigers and bears... O MY!

You must live in the sticks!

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:YES!!,, yes we do! We have bears all though I've never seen one..we have mountain lions too but never saw one of those either-those are really in the heart of the Adirondacks!

8. bruinfan

bruinfan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2010
    We have bears, they're actually the biggest problem. They'll knock over smaller coops and runs. I try not to leave any food in the run when closing up at night, otherwise I can expect a visit from the critters. I live in northwest NJ in Sussex county. We supposedly have one of the highest concentrations of black bears per sq/mile(and you thought we only had murderers and petro chemical refineries!). The bears usually keep the other predators away while they're around, and they usually make alot of noise whick gets the attention of Bubba, my four-legged alarm. He barks and chases the bears away. So far I haven't lost any birds to predators, but that doesn't mean I can let my guard down.

9. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Get the gun is right!!!

10. rungirl

rungirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    My dad always told me that nothing good ever happens after midnight. There's your proof!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by