11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
25181_pict0010.jpg

25181_pict0011.jpg

25181_pict0012.jpg

25181_pict0009.jpg
my dog??? LOL

These photos were snapped last night as DH was testing out his deer camera-motion detection takes photos

See folks this is why Im so picky bout locking my crew up at night at all times-I leave no one behind because I know I'd never see them again-even the stupid turkey off the roof-I have to climb a 15 ft ladder to chase him off and lock him up! Or Judge judy-my WCblack polish-love her and she is missing almost everynight nestled down on a stump or a potted plant etc...I am guilty for missing 1 from time to time and only by the grace of God did they survive the night.

My BIL is a wild life and nuisanse guy and lives next door..so guess what I'll be doing tonight? setting traps and hiding:) I do have to work tomorrow so the late night hunt wont be getting done but....I want to kick myself for not doing it last night as I took today off to get ready fr chickenstock in two weeks
barnie.gif
I mean I knew there were lurkers but all of them? sheesh...coyote-fox-racoon-my dog! haha

Quote:
packs of them.we've never really seen one-all though we thought we did from time to time. When DH went to retrieve the camera something big ran off into the woods-and I usually let the birds out about an hour after that! Im skeered to do that now! We hear the coyotes howling at night too:-(

this was all in the wee hours-not my dog..Dh couldnt figure out how to set clock yet so we know my dog was let out at 9:30 PM so I can judge the times on the photos and they all appeared around 4-6 am....

Quote:
YES!!,, yes we do! We have bears all though I've never seen one..we have mountain lions too but never saw one of those either-those are really in the heart of the Adirondacks!

We have bears, they're actually the biggest problem. They'll knock over smaller coops and runs. I try not to leave any food in the run when closing up at night, otherwise I can expect a visit from the critters. I live in northwest NJ in Sussex county. We supposedly have one of the highest concentrations of black bears per sq/mile(and you thought we only had murderers and petro chemical refineries!). The bears usually keep the other predators away while they're around, and they usually make alot of noise whick gets the attention of Bubba, my four-legged alarm. He barks and chases the bears away. So far I haven't lost any birds to predators, but that doesn't mean I can let my guard down.

Back
Top Bottom