What killed my birds? Predator identification please.

LibertyRoo

Chirping
13 Years
Apr 9, 2011
Homestead/Redland Fl.
So I’ve had predators in the past attack my birds, foxes and coyotes a few times, hawks, and opossums. I believe I once had a monk kill a few birds over night as well. This one I found this morning was a little off for me. I’m leaning towards a mink or a raccoon but I am not positive on either or. One bird was missing his neck and head and tail was bitten off as well. Second bird had one left breast eaten, back of neck had multiple small punctures and like the 1st bird was also missing his tail as well. I’ll post some photos for reference, it be helpful if some can chime in with their thoughts. Thank you.
IMG_9887.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9891.jpeg
    IMG_9891.jpeg
    616.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9894.jpeg
    IMG_9894.jpeg
    694 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9895.jpeg
    IMG_9895.jpeg
    495.8 KB · Views: 20
So I’ve had predators in the past attack my birds, foxes and coyotes a few times, hawks, and opossums. I believe I once had a monk kill a few birds over night as well. This one I found this morning was a little off for me. I’m leaning towards a mink or a raccoon but I am not positive on either or. One bird was missing his neck and head and tail was bitten off as well. Second bird had one left breast eaten, back of neck had multiple small punctures and like the 1st bird was also missing his tail as well. I’ll post some photos for reference, it be helpful if some can chime in with their thoughts. Thank you.View attachment 3727571
Im sorry for your loss.

Due to the evidence I am guessing raccoon

Back
Top Bottom