Holy Ravenous chicks batman!!!

max13077

Songster
12 Years
Feb 3, 2008
Fingerlakes Upstate, NY
I just got a shipment of 30+ Cornish roaster chicks from Mcmurray. Boy are they hungry!! I’ve gotten two other mailing of chicks and it usually took them a little while to “come around” so to speak. They were kind of drowsy sort of. These…Yikes!!! I’m afraid to put my hand in there!!

LOL

I believe they stay that ravenous even to the end. They have quite the appetites.

-Kim

Feathered pigs
lol.png

We had also ordered some from MMH in the spring and the bigger they got they would start attacking you or the feed bucket when they saw us coming. My poor husband once said if he ever fell down in the pen the police would never find his body. We gladly filled our freezer !!!

Well good, that gives me motivation to not feel so bad. They're so cute now, I worried about having to kill them. However if they're going to be nasty and piggish till the end.......
big_smile.png
gig.gif

They are very piggish until the end........... And constantly needing to clean thier area ........ lots and lots of poo....... I was so glad to get them in my freezer......... They taste so good too............

You will want some shavings. Their poo is HUGE and quite wet. It is much easier to keep them clean if you can rake up the shavings and poo. Kind of holds everything together. I think you might even get muddy if you didn't use shavings to absorb. And really, really stinky!

jane

Back
Top Bottom