Home Feeding Ideas and Solutions Discussion Thread

yeah mine hate the alfalfa pellets too work right around them... spring is coming so they will get plenty of greens

I wonder if it could be the source/brand of pellet? Mine like theirs, I put a coffee can size scoop in a rubber feed bowl, cover with water, and they eat it in about 4 days (19 chickens). And they also free range, with our weather we already have lots of young greens available to them.

Last time I checked, Calf Manna was made with soybeans. I have no desire to feed that stuff.
he.gif

Agh! My head is spinning!!! So much to know. Being a newbie, this is a great thread to follow. Too many pages on here to go through though. But so helpful. Sounds like chickens can eat just about anything? Not as fragile as I assumed. I have a list of toxic plants and foods for my bunnies, it goes on and on... I only figured the chickens would be similar.

OK, I am struggeling with this one since it seems somewhat cannibalistic. I have WAY WAY too many eggs. They are small bantam eggs and its hard to give them away. I scramble some up for the cat once a day. Can I feed them to the chickens? Its protein right? Btw we pull weeds and give the kitchen and garden refuse to them as well.

Back
Top Bottom