Home made incubator - now with hatching pics!

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! I'm tempted to put some of my own chicken eggs in it today to give it try, but I'm still determined to find some turkey eggs. For some reason I've got the turkey urge.
lol.png

-S

Quote:
It's a small unit that has the a thermostat, heating element and fan all in one easy to mount package. You can see it mounted on the right side in the pics. Got mine on eBay, but this place stocks them.

http://incubatorwarehouse.com/index.php/150w-incu-kit.html

Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure it would be a bit too long in one dimension. My next project will be building an egg turner to fit it.

So anyone else have any insight on my ventilation question?

-S

no more holes, i have maybe, one 1/4 inch hole in my coleman incubator, had a 100% hatch rate, and the humidity was 29% humidity

Okay, I guess I may have overestimated the amount of ventilation I need. I'll cover some of the holes up with tape. Thanks for all the insight folks!

I found some turkey eggs locally, hopefully I'll be picking them up tomorrow and I can try this baby out!

-S

Never was able to source any local turkey eggs. Gave up and put some of my chicken eggs in it instead because I just had to find out how well it would work. These pics are of the first one to hatch, all of the remaining white eggs have pipped, a few of the brown ones have too. This is day 20. I'm very pleased with my incubator!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Less than 15 minutes from pip to out in the world and trying to walk. This guy was ready to hatch!

-S

Quote:
This batch is as barnyard mix as it gets. I believe that one is 1/4 white leghorn, 1/4 speckled sussex, and 1/2 banty columbian wyandotte.

-S

Quote:
This batch is as barnyard mix as it gets. I believe that one is 1/4 white leghorn, 1/4 speckled sussex, and 1/2 banty columbian wyandotte.

-S

Certainly a barnyard mix.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom