Home made incubator VS. Little Giant $40 bator

BantyHugger

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Ponder
I have been considering getting an incubator for a long time. Just recently i discovered that it may be cheaper to just make one. However some questions have come up. Can i make an equal or better quality machine as i can buy? Do homemade bators work well with both chicken and duck eggs or just Chicken? (thats all i normally see people hatching) Are cheap $40 incubators a rip off? Why?
Thanks
Mariah

To make one you are looking at about a thirty dollar project not including the cooler and some other accessories. I would just go with the LG thats what I have and it works great. Just go for the LG. Goodluck, -Jay

I have a little giant and It seems to maintaint the temps very well. I like it. I looked into building one and decided it would not be much more to buy this one. Plus DH diddnt want to build one, so we just went with the LG.

But, you need to plan on getting another thermometer, the one that comes with it isnt so great. You can get a Springfield thermometer/hygrometer at walmart for about $7.

Quote:
Lol Yes i saw that post. In fact thats the very thing that got my broody gears going again.
tongue.png
I think, since i'm a beginner, I'm gonna go with the Little Giant. At least that way if the babes don't make it i won't be afraid that its because of my poor craftsmanship.
Thanks all,
Mariah

I have an LG and a Brinsea and once I got the hang of the LG Styro it's a whiz. Mine holds almost rock solid temps with very little swings. I do drape a towel over the top of mine and I'm sure that helps keep the temps constant.

Back
Top Bottom