Home made incubator with turner

Could somebody tell me what the dimensions are on the plastic egg holders that go into a sportsman egg turner rack? I got my gear motor in today and am going to start working on my turner this weekend. I may try to do a build along or something if anybody is interested. Once I get the turner mad I am going to build an incubator around it.

Well I changed the title of my post. I have decided that I want to make a sportsman clone and am wondering about the fan configuration. I have only seen pics and do not know anybody that has one. I am wondering if the fan is blowing toward the door and how the false back is configured. Is it solid all the way with just a gap at the bottom? I hate to build another bator and spend more money, but I think I can sell my 2 lg egg turners and probably come out money ahead with a larger capacity bator. Ive already built 2 incubators and a hatcher, but after each one I have different Ideas on something that may work better.
Any help would be apreciated

Here is what Ive got done so far. Its going to be 42'' high X 17'' wide X 32'' deep. Its got a false back in it with holes drilled at each rack level and open at the bottom. Its made out of 3/4'' OSB that is made at the plant I work at. Ive got several stacks of the stuff in my shop that was given away due to defects of one kind or another. It will be trimmed with pine. The turner will hold 180 eggs and it will have a hatching tray at the bottom.
76139_img00073-20110323-1755.jpg

76139_img00074-20110323-1757.jpg

I put it in to make sere that the hot air will have to go all the way to the bottom. I was advised by someone that they are not needed but they seem to be common on the ones that Ive seen in the How To section. I may be wrong, but I think it will work better.

Back
Top Bottom