Home made incubator with turner

Quote:
It may be too big... Its an 8'' fan and has 3 speeds and on low it doesn't move too much air. It doesn't exhaust to the outside, I havent put the back or front on it yet. I think that I am going to make the entire back a door just like the front so that I can get to the turner for repairs if needed.

I got it trimmed out for the doors today. Heres is some pics of my progress.
76139_img00085-20110326-1336.jpg

76139_img00084-20110326-1336.jpg

Quote:
The more tilt you can get without spilliing eggs, the better. Brinsea octo gives you 42.2 and that is more than most of the tilt truners. I don't think I'd go farther than that.
I'm trying out a Brower top hatch. It completely turns the eggs. (As opposed to a "tilter-turner") I have heard this is better for peafowl eggs, so I'm giving it a chance.. I'm trying to figure how to make one to go in my DIY cabnet bator. Shouldn't be to hard to fabricate.

Quote:
The more tilt you can get without spilliing eggs, the better. Brinsea octo gives you 42.2 and that is more than most of the tilt truners. I don't think I'd go farther than that.
I'm trying out a Brower top hatch. It completely turns the eggs. (As opposed to a "tilter-turner") I have heard this is better for peafowl eggs, so I'm giving it a chance.. I'm trying to figure how to make one to go in my DIY cabnet bator. Shouldn't be to hard to fabricate.

I saw one that rolls the eggs on youtube that pushes and pulls a table under the eggs using a piece of all thread.

I will be getting off of work early today and hope to be able to get the incubator finished this weekend. Cant wait to get it loaded, I just ordered some eggs off of ebay and am going to gather up a few more doz for its first hatch.

Well I got the doors on and the glass put in. Did a little bit of the electrical but still waiting on the limit switches to come in.
76139_incubator_with_door.jpg

Still wating on the limit swithces to come in, but plan to load her up this weekend. I'm saving my eggs and expect to have a couple doz and I have a couple other people saving me eggs. I should have at least 100 or so to put in. I got some golden campines coming that I am pretty excited about.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom