Home made incubator with turner

Its looks grate,,,, you should use a dimmer for the fan,,,,to make it run slow,,,, A PID controller its a excellent substitute for a thermostat,, Its a temperature computer,,,regulates the output of your heater,,,, not off and on, but keeps it evenly,near to 100%,,,that work like a dimmer on your heating element, and its not costing much more then a thermostat,,

Its looks grate,,,, you should use a dimmer for the fan,,,,to make it run slow,,,, A PID controller its a excellent substitute for a thermostat,, Its a temperature computer,,,regulates the output of your heater,,,, not off and on, but keeps it evenly,near to 100%,,,that work like a dimmer on your heating element, and its not costing much more then a thermostat,,

So, it lowers/raises the volts going to the heating element when it gets to hot/cold, or does it work like a dimmer, and just adjust the power to the heating element, but doesn't react to changes in temperature?

You said it doesn't turn it on and off, I can see that but you also said it is just like a dimmer.

Am posting a link that explain it,,, http://www.mcshaneinc.com/html/Library_UnderstandingPID.html

you can set a temperature to stay between to points,, the pid controller regulate the watt input of the heater to give exactly the power it need to stay at that temperature,,, the way it work like a automatic dimmer its that it regulate the power ,, you only need to set the temperature,,,,, its stay there at 0,01 % + -

hope you understanding it now,,,,,, PID controllers used to be sold at a low price at Amazon

i send you a link to one on Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Tem...EOGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339799974&sr=8-1

Have a look and try to find it where you are

big_smile.png

I bought a micro controller a while back so that I could go to PID control and upgrade my turner control but havent got around to it yet.

Back
Top Bottom