Homeless hen in my yard

GinaBH

Hatching
Dec 5, 2018
Hi everyone, my neighbours hen and ended up in our yard. It’s a hens paradise with lots of worms, soil and space. She doesn’t have a home or friends though. She lays under a leafy pot plant and sleeps in a tree. She used to feed out of my hand but has stopped. I’m worried she’s depressed. How can I get her to sleep in the shelter we made for her? We are considering getting her a friend as we can’t catch her to take her home.

First off...:welcome

I agree with @Shadrach about speaking with your neighbor. Are they aware of where their hen is?

Thanks we are in regular contact with our neighbour. She is starting to give up because she feels bad chasing her around all the time and making her feel uncomfortable. I mentioned to her about keeping her and she agreed. She has been brooding the last couple of days but has been with us around 3 weeks.

First off...:welcome

I agree with @Shadrach about speaking with your neighbor. Are they aware of where their hen is?
Yes! They have spent weeks trying out to catch her but fear they are stressing her. Last time she came over I suggested I get her a friend and keep her and they agreed it would be easier. Now I just need to learn how to keep a chicken.

She may be broody and snuck away from home because of this.
It really would be best if you contacted your neighbor.
They neighbour is a friend so they have been over every day to catch her but are giving up.

Need to find where she sleeps at night, grab her then...
....neighbors need to keep birds confined somehow or figure out why this one bird will not stay at home.

Back
Top Bottom