Homemade Cool-a-bator Questions

Pocket Money Poultry Farm

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 10, 2011
Matthews, IN
This is my first attempt at building a cool-a-bator and I have a couple of questions.
What direction should the air flow from the computer fan be going? Toward the side
of the cooler that it is mounted to or should it blow out into the open space of the cooler?

My other question is what is the best angle for the eggs to rest? 30-35-40-45 degrees?
I am going to use a turner that rocks back and forth from left to right.

Thank-you to all for your help.

I think I can give you all of the answers you have about the incubator. Here is my cooler incubator. It works like a charm.
70328_updatedcoolerbator_006.jpg
70328_updatedcoolerbator_005.jpg
70328_updatedcoolerbator_004.jpg
70328_updatedcoolerbator_002.jpg
70328_updatedcoolerbator_001.jpg

This is my egg turner:
70328_coolerbatoreggturner_003.jpg
70328_coolerbatoreggturner_002.jpg
70328_coolerbatoreggturner_001.jpg

Here are a few wiring Diagrams I made:
70328_fan_wiring_diagram.jpg
70328_incubator_heating_diagram.jpg

If you noticed, on the heating diagram, the water heater thermostat has holes drilled into it to make it more sensitive to changes in temperature, and in turn make it react quicker and give you more stable temperatures.
Here is a video on how to drill the holes into the thermostat.
It is very easy to drill holes into the thermostat to, don't be scared to do it.

The fan should blow outward, blowing across the light bulb, to the thermostat. The metal side of the thermostat should be the side that faces the light bulb. The thermostat should be within 1 inch or an inch and a half of the light bulb and no farther away. The egg turner I have rocks back and forth at a 45-50 degree angle. (The screw driver sticking out of the incubator is used to adjust the thermostat.)

Forgot to mention that the tube with a funnel, on the outside of the incubator is to add water to the inside of the incubator during lock down so you don't have to open the incubator to add water and let out the humidity.

Back
Top Bottom