homemade duck toys?

does anyone have any ideas for homemade toys/games that keep their ducks entertained? I hate to buy that overpriced junk for birds, and Ferdinand doesn't show any interest anyways. right now, besides torturing the kids, he likes to play with this mini basketball we have, or attack his stuffed animals for a few.
he's a real odd duck! pretty sure he thinks he's a human, and is the least duck-like duck I've ever met! he is in need of some new entertainment to keep him from pestering the kids and trying to eat their toes!
I was going to suggest beach balls and water toys. Bells and a Mirror.

I've been experimenting for awhile and I've come to find one that's always a constant favorite is the plastic foil crinkle balls made for cats. They're always the subjects of particularly heated games of "keep away".
I like to put them in the brooders too as it gives the little ones something to do, and they can be rinsed off so they're not always dirty.

Nice thing is they're normally only a few bucks for a fairly decent bag of them. Just make sure to check them every once in awhile for wear. :D

Back
Top Bottom