Homemade feeders and waterers. *pics please*

Hi all, as you can see I have just added a nipple water to our coop. The girls took to it immediately, but as you can see water is getting everywhere. The nipples are not dripping fast but is there anything I can do about this?

As some of you have these inside the coop I assume either I have done something wrong, or I can make modifications. Or maybe they are just 4 girls with a drinking problem (a bit sloppy).

Thanks for any advice.
After trying every thing else I found these Horizontal Nipples.
I am so confident in these I offer a satisfaction guarantee.
Right here on BYC

Last edited:
Homemade feeder
smile.png

Fits to any basket, just drill proper hole...

Last edited:

Hi all, as you can see I have just added a nipple water to our coop. The girls took to it immediately, but as you can see water is getting everywhere. The nipples are not dripping fast but is there anything I can do about this?

As some of you have these inside the coop I assume either I have done something wrong, or I can make modifications. Or maybe they are just 4 girls with a drinking problem (a bit sloppy).

Thanks for any advice.

My flock makes a bit of a mess with their nipple water system, too. I don't think you've done anything wrong or that your chickens are especially sloppy. All I do to address my mess is rake pine shavings around under the waterers daily. Maybe you could put something under your system like a placemat for your girls? An old car floor mat, for instance?

I was curious what you do in the winter to keep the water with the spring loaded watering nipples from freezing?

Here is mine. I made a rainwater harvesting system. It collects the rainwater from the coop roof and it is feed into a nipple system in the coop.

I love this..is there anything you do to the water to keep it clean and free from mosquitos or anything else that could clog up the system?

My flock makes a bit of a mess with their nipple water system, too.  I don't think you've done anything wrong or that your chickens are especially sloppy.  All I do to address my mess is rake pine shavings around under the waterers daily.  Maybe you could put something under your system like a placemat for your girls? An old car floor mat, for instance?

Thanks fit the idea. Just put some gravel and pavers under them to see if that helps keep the mess down. Well see.

Back
Top Bottom