Homemade Incubator - Going well until... heat peaked up to 104!! 9 hours since the last turn!

:welcome :frowYou have been given some good advice. I made an homemade incubator out of a cooler. I have two 15 watt incandescent bulbs in it in case one burs out which has happened. As long as the temperature spike wasn't too long your hatch should be ok. I also put a fan and a wafer thermostat in my incubator. Good luck and have fun...

IMG_3360.JPG
IMG_4000.JPG
IMG_3671.JPG

IMG_2968.JPG

That is great success! Thanks for sharing your photos. It’s helpful and encouraging,
I notice now when my water pan runs fry the temp goes up to 102 and will go higher if I’m not watchful. But when I out some warm water in the pan the temp drops down to 99 on one end and 97 on the other end. I don’t know how this could effect their development or if it will kill them off.
Interesting as I rotate and turn the eggs they almost feel lighter in weight.
I candled last night day 4 but the eggs are thick shell and kinda speckled so hard to see. All I could make out was a floating round yolk… the shell is too speckled and thick to see any veins.

How often did yiu turn your eggs? Did you have different temps at either end?
How did your hatch go? How was your humidity at the end?
I think when my humidity goes up the temp will go right down. At 99f the humidity is 30% and the other end it’s 97f and 27% humidity.
Will this ruin my eggs and how do I get my humidity up in those last three says without losing too much heat? Or will the best rise as the chicks are ready to pip and hatch?

Back
Top Bottom