Homemade Incubator - Going well until... heat peaked up to 104!! 9 hours since the last turn!

That is a thermometer, not a thermostat.

I realize it is homeade but unless you want to buy a light dimmer and monitor the temp 24/7, then you need a thermostat or temp controller.

I use this temp controller. Cheap and effective.

I can also say the digital thermometer and hygrometer you have is probably not accurate. It needs to be calibrated.

That is a thermometer, not a thermostat.

I realize it is homeade but unless you want to buy a light dimmer and monitor the temp 24/7, then you need a thermostat or temp controller.

I use this temp controller. Cheap and effective.

I can also say the digital thermometer and hygrometer you have is probably not accurate. It needs to be calibrated.
I was mot aware of this thermostat. Does it require an electrician or can you just plug it in? How is it set up? I’m interested to understand how to do this. Having control of the temperature would be great!

Yes that would require electrical knowledge to wire that one up.

Here are some types you can just plug the bulb into. Then you stick the temp probe where ever you want to measure the temp at. Then the controller turns the bulb on/off to regulate the temp.

Here is one. I search for "inkbird temp controller" if you want to search for more. You could also search "temp controller".

The bulb plugs into the "heating" socket.

It has a "cooling" socket that could be used for something to cool it down if it reached a certain point but I never used or needed that part of it.

The fan inside stays on 24/7 so it does not plug into the controller.

Back
Top Bottom