1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Homemade incubator with automatic turner???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BlackRubleHatch, Dec 24, 2015.

1. BlackRubleHatch

BlackRubleHatch Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2015
    Im looking to build a cabinet type incubator with 3 trays to hatch a bunch of gamefowl eggs and some white leghorn eggs, I just need a good system and patern to build the turners on. Anyone have any experiance building incubators? Any help and advice would be very helpful. Im not looking to get rich or anything I just want to be able to hatch my own eggs and know they are the bloodlines that I desire. I was "partners" with a guy on a incubator and he sold the incubator and I got nothing so I want my own that I know wont go anywere.

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015

At the top of this page is a box marked, "coops". If you click on this there is a section on incubators. Click on that and you might find what you want.

3. gpop1

gpop1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2015
    building a cabinet around a turner is easy compared to building a turner into a cabinet. If you can give us more details like cabinet material, estimated dollars you are willing to spend, Is this a incubator or a incubator/hatcher, How many eggs roughly will you be running, etc we could probably be more help.

4. BlackRubleHatch

BlackRubleHatch Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2015
    I'd like to build a incubator with 3 auto turning racks in it and a hatcher in the bottom of the incubator. I have a still air Styrofoam incubator that I've had horrible luck out of. My cousin had a cabinet type incubator last year and we had great hatch rates so I'd love to have one of my own.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by