homemade incubator ?????

Buckhunter

Songster
11 Years
Apr 9, 2008
CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT WITH INFO ABOUT MAKING A HOMEBUILT INCUBATOR ????

MissDeb

Songster
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Mat-su Alaska
Can I make an incubator out of a cardboard box and a heat lamp? haha.....I have this crazy idea to hatch out a couple of my eggs. Another thing, how long do I have to get those eggs that I think are fertile to get them into an incubator....

championny

Songster
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Saint Johns, AZ
You have found the right place for that. Miss prissy has excellent homemade incubators in her sig if you find her. She made one out of a potato box, cooler and more.

Browse homemade incubator in the search and you are sure to find wonderful ideas. Even a skillet used as an incubator! It works, trust me!

MissDeb

Songster
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Mat-su Alaska
this is what its in right now. She just laid it and I brought it in thinking it needs to stay warm? Im guessing I just need to go buy a incubator!

NO LAUGHING!!!

championny

Songster
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Saint Johns, AZ
Sorry. I saw you no laughing request after I did.

Yeah, that'll work but you can't regulate the temp like that. it could be too hot or too cold. I would buy one from TSC or make one yourself. That's the best advice I can give in this case.

MissDeb

Songster
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Mat-su Alaska
I knew you'd laugh! hehe...Thats ok though. Im having fun. How long do I have until this egg needs to be in a controlled environment? I can stick it in the fridge and start tomorrow too, no hurry...just wanted to give you guys a good giggle

Top Bottom