Homemade incubator?

An update: I think I fixed my solution and the bator is running pretty well. My temp goes up to 100 and only drops to 97, then clicks back on. My Humidity is between 45-50%. I placed another fan right next t the thermostat, and it seemed to help keep me at 97. Any other suggestions to keep at 99, please feel free to do so
smile.png

I do worry about my temps. I do not want my babies to have curled toes. I think I am going to candle at the 9th day...another something new
smile.png

Happy Hatching!

Cannot figure out how to post pics, but will try later.

Your Pan o bator seemed to work wonderfully. I made a cake carrier obator, I cut a hole in the top of the cake cover and put a light kit together and put that down thru the hole into a glass jar with an old sock around the bottom of it and water in it and bought a couple of little thermometers that stayed pretty constant in temp. I lined the bottom with just paper towels and the eggs I put in there got started but I moved them to the other incubators so I never did see if it worked all the way to the hatching point. I should try it just to see if it does. I didn't have a fan or anything I would just lift the lid sideways a little for some air flow and to keep the humidity from raising too much. I'll have to get something that checks the humidity level before I try to use it for really hatching any eggs. Probably under $10.

My father in law was saying his grandfather would get a box, put a regular light over it, keep a thermometer and had no problem hatching, turning occasionally during the day- wish he could remember more specific details- but he remembers doing this as a kid- would have been in the 30's

I had my husband build me one and have about 14 eggs in it at this time due to hatch on the 30. I have put three more in over the last two days for they were from the chickens that I would like to hatch from. There are pictures on my blog. I think it cost us about 40 buck to build.
So far the 14 eggs are doing good for I have candled them more than once. I like to watch how they are doing. The three that I just put in I will candle later in the week to see if they are developing for one is a double yolker(also pictures on blog)
blog link is in sig.

Hi! I'm never too busy to help others. You can find photos of the Pan-O-Bator in the "hatching eggs" section of the Index. I'm not sure how to post links to the pages. To see the photos go to Index>Incubating and Hatching eggs>Anyone setting eggs tonight> Post #579

I'm pretty sure you started the thread!

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom