Homemade Incubators

Here's mine. Still working out temperature fluctuations. It only cost me about $20.

I didn't see your thermostat? I had to put mine RIGHT over the light and really close to it to get my temps right. I don't think WHT (I assume that is what you are using) don't read ambient air temps well.

I didn't see your thermostat? I had to put mine RIGHT over the light and really close to it to get my temps right. I don't think WHT (I assume that is what you are using) don't read ambient air temps well.

No DMRippy, I don't have a thermostat. I really really wish I did. I will never incubate this way again!

No DMRippy, I don't have a thermostat. I really really wish I did. I will never incubate this way again!

I have used a WHT for less than $10 and a Digital one and will never use a WHT again.... I don't trust them anymore. I lost 18 chicks when my hatcher reached 113* after they had all hatched. WHT are harder to regulate. The digital was easy to set and forget.

That is a cool thermostat. My husband installed the water heater thermostat for me. He is an electrician, so he got it on there much faster than I. Took a little while to stabilize, but I got it right at 99.

Back
Top Bottom