Homemade No Crow Collar

Were you ever able to get them to get along? I have 5 ducks that are 8 weeks old, 3 chicks who are 4 weeks, and new chicks hatching, and a friend just called and begged me to take 5 adult hens and a rooster, I am worried about them all getting along, the ducks and older hens/rooster and going to be introduced on friday, I am thinking of letting the ducks free range and putting the hens/rooster in the run so they can see each other before putting them in but not sure how this will go!
If you can possibly have the new chickens separate from the chickens you already have with a chicken wire or fence in between them so that they can see each other for for five days and then you can just open the gate and let everybody start integrating… It worked for me good luck

I am finding this interesting as I was going to buy the no crow collars when I thought I had one Room but is turning out we have 4. May I ask what size if Velcro should I used for My fellas I have a blue and copper Marans
Looking forward to the help

My method of integrating chickens is to keep them in a dog run in clear sight of the older chickens but out of reach. After 2 weeks, I leave the kennel door open and, before you know it, they're all part of the flock!

It is best to lift the feathers up and put the collar on under the feathers, or do you just put the collar on the feather. I also have a bared rock rooster who was supposed to be a hen and we live in a neighbor hood that doesn't allow roosters. He is still in his teenage months (about 3 and a half months old) and his feathers in the neck areas is still forming, is it ok to out the collar on him now? He crows really loud too.

I just made one of these for my little bantam fella - Pickle.
He HATED it, threw himself on the ground kicked at it, pecked at it falling all over the garden - wasn't tight at all! I took it off and tried again later, same result. Tried the next day and sat with him for 45 minutes caressing him so he would stay calm and he sort of got used to it so I left it on him yesterday all day and then all night. Today seems to be better, but he still picks at it occassionally and loses his balance when he does that. Like I said, it's not tight so the crowing is still quite loud but sounds strangely different. I thought I'd leave it on him like this for a couple of days and then try to tighten it a bit more. Anyone had any similar issues when they put the collar on their roo? Any suggestions??

I really want this to work so we don't have to re-home him...he's such a loving little roo.
Hi, I've just done this for the first time on my roo as I've moved into town and he HATES it.. hes done almost exactly as you described ( I only put it on him 10 mins ago tho ) and now he's sitting on tbe ground looking all depressed.. did it get better for you ?

Back
Top Bottom