1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Homemade turners?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Riven, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Riven

Riven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Central Nebraska
    Of course I can't find the photo now, but I'm working on making an incubator, and I have seen photo ( photos actually) of egg trays that are all attached and you life one side to turn the eggs. I was thinking about making something like this, but I'm concerned about the eggs rolling. Does anyone have breakage with these? Do you have to put rails in?

What kind of homemade turner do you have?

Thanks!

2. kartking22

kartking22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I just recently made a turner similar to the GQF in my vintage redwood bator. My design is pretty simple and fits in the original bator without any modifications to the bator itself if I ever decide to sell it later. I did set it up with a manual turn because the motors and switches to make it automatic was out of my price range for this year. I may get lazy enough next year to purchase the motor. If you want a pic of my design, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you some pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by