Homes for roosters

Roosters are hard to rehome if you're not willing to let them be eaten.

I know had ALL my roosters died - I'd want a new "nice" hand-raised rooster that could make babies if I felt like incubating or have a brooder sit on them - but I'd almost prefer to raise them myself, just to make sure they actually liked *me* LOL

However, you just need the right person who maybe is done with chickens for the year, and lost all their roosters for whatever reason. I would definitely put an add out - then just be honest with yourself when the time comes on the reality of the situation if you can justify keeping it, if you can't find someone who won't eat him.

Welcome! Some roosters will find nice homes, and some will be dinner for a family. That's not a bad thing, and there just aren't 'good homes' for all the cockrels in the world. In 'nature', most cockrels wouldn't have a very long life either. I raise chickens, and hatch out about 50% cockrels every year. I'm delighted to have some few live here, some find homes in a flock, and then some do get to be dinner. Mary

:welcome

Where are you located? Putting your location in your profile might help find a byc'er who wants him. 
I am in Fairfield, NJ. My FB page has darling pics and video of Rufio. He is perfect for an affectionae, lovable pet. To someone that sees him as a cherished pet not a good meal. I am heartbroken that the reality of keeping chickens means that eventually some will be butchered, especially roos.

Back
Top Bottom