Homeschooling - SUPPORT GROUP

Has anybody created transcripts for their kids yet? I need them ASAP to request additional units for dual enrollment at the CC. I've never given my kids grades (If they know it, they move on. If they don't know it, they keep at it.) I figure I'll have to google it, but thought I'd check in here first.

just get a template and fill it in.

However, do note that a slightly different name for the same subject can turn the same stuff into a college bound class, verses a junk class.

Maybe look up in your state, best high school classes for college bound kids.... see if those names fit what you have taught.

just get a template and fill it in.

However, do note that a slightly different name for the same subject can turn the same stuff into a college bound class, verses a junk class.

Maybe look up in your state, best high school classes for college bound kids.... see if those names fit what you have taught.

Thanks! I took a glance at some sample templates this morning over coffee & felt a little overwhelmed. I guess this is a good lesson for me in staying on top of things with the younger two kids.

For me, one of the hardest parts of homeschooling is when its Sunday & you're tired & just wanna grab a book & go back to bed, but you've got to do research instead. :hit

Okay, quick question for ya'll... First, thanks @room onthebroom for posting a link to this thread on the Pond.

Is there an option to write a high school diploma for your own homeschooler?

Apparently in CA there is, but we're just looking into this for the 1st time right now & wont actually need it for another 18months, so I don't know all the details yet.

An interesting idea that DH just read, was from a CA resident who had a rubber stamp made up with her homeschool logo on it to make her diplomas & other docs look more official. I love this idea & am trying to keep myself focused on creating transcripts, but my mind keeps drifting to 'what kind of stamp could I make...' :barnieAdult ADD is a curse.

Hey Al, can you describe what you (diploma-wise) did for your boy who's now a college guy?
I cheated.

Spouse made the kids (so me) sign up with a charter school... and so they do the diplomas. But my neighbor homeschooled independently.... and they just printed out a diploma from their home printer.

Back
Top Bottom