Homesick American - hope to be in MI next year.

Welcome from Sunny Florida!
cool.png
cool.png
cool.png
cool.png

welcome-byc.gif
from ohio! You must be excited to get back home! Here's to hoping everything works out for you and your familiy!
fl.gif
15 yrs is a long time to be gone. I always find it interesting in where life takes people. If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up in UK? If it is too personal and you think I'm being to nosey or you don't want to comment, I understand. I just like to hear others' stories. Glad to hear you have found good homes for your flock! That would make me soo sad.
sad.png
But I suppose the anticipation of coming back and the prospect of starting your new one could be very exciting!

Kidcody, my parents live in Vancouver, my younger brother is in Seattle. :)

michickenwrangler...
I thought the term was Michigander... not heard Michiganiac before, lol.
I've been watching a webcam in Houghton and it's sunny probably about half the time or more - whereas in England, it's maybe only a tenth of the time, so it will be really nice to get to see the sun!!! (Oh, Oregon - especially my part of it - is just as cloudy as England!)

dshappychicks,
I married an Englishman (the Henry Higgins/George Banks variety - on steroids...) and it didn't work out too well. Left him 7 1/2 years ago and have battled him several times in court now to be able to return to America. The guy I'm going to now is very confident (so far) that our case should be successful at this time (in fact, he's not sure why we've had so much trouble!) My boys are all old enough now to be able to make their own decision, so I can't really see them stopping us this time as everyone wants to go now.

The current poultry time started from a bunch of eggs that I bought off eBay 4 1/2 years ago. I do find that shipped eggs don't do so well - we've always had poor hatches from them, but it got us started again. We have two hens still from those original broods who will be going to a friend soon. We will be very sad to see them go as they're really pets now. But, yes, as you said, the anticipation of coming home (even to a new area) keeps me going - and I'm very excited to try something new.

Back
Top Bottom