Homesteaders

Pics
It's hard to find good homesteading websites! If your not booby trapping your house for a zombie apocalypse that is! Lol That's not what I'm into at all but you would be surprised how many people are!

Ooooohhhhhhh the doomsday preppies? Certainly if there are any like minded folks here that's fine. but I can't afford to go that far. I just want to get things going where I'm not buying everything I NEED. I also want to reduce what I have to pay for. Less is more.

I was getting a survival catalog and lord have mercy! If I had the money to buy all the stuff in there, I'd not be here. In my mind I just want to put up enough for my family for a short future.

Again I do respect folks right to their own concerns and maybe they have some ideas I can use. Nothing works for everyone right?

They also have great, FREE competitions for useful stuff like chicken houses, solar panels etc. Sue

I tried to enter some of these things but NYS doesn't allow it so I can't. I live here but I don't love NY.
rant.gif

Has anyone here ever won a contest.

Mother Earth, GRIT and Cappers have some really good homesteading/self sufficiency articles. You can also sign up for their newsletters for free that come in several times a week with a lot of good info.
I've been on mother earth but I will have to try out the other two for sure!

Rancher hicks I'm more in line with what you are trying to accomplish my husband now is a different story! He watches Doomsday Preppers and loves the idea of an underground bunker! I think he's a little insane but hey in this world you just never know right?!?! They do have some awesome ideas but I draw the line at putting fifteen 50 gallon drums of water under my bed!

I would love to have solar panels but my they ARE high! And I don't understand the concept enough to build one though I've seen homemade ones to power chicken coops and such online. Has anyone on here tried that? Maybe I can sign up for a contest on one of those websites and win some! :)

What a beautiful bird! How did you get so close?!

As long as the prize isn't over a certain amount, you can enter. I think $5,000 maybe, Sue

Well it seems to me the ones for the free coops isn't more than that and the rules say no. It is frustrating. I enter the TSC every time I shop there. Lord knows I'm in there plenty.

I'd use the winnings for a new rider lawn mower. They do have some nice machines and prices there. And my SIL could use a trailer for his roofing business. I guess I can dream.

Rancher hicks I'm more in line with what you are trying to accomplish my husband now is a different story! He watches Doomsday Preppers and loves the idea of an underground bunker! I think he's a little insane but hey in this world you just never know right?!?! They do have some awesome ideas but I draw the line at putting fifteen 50 gallon drums of water under my bed!

I would love to have solar panels but my they ARE high! And I don't understand the concept enough to build one though I've seen homemade ones to power chicken coops and such online. Has anyone on here tried that? Maybe I can sign up for a contest on one of those websites and win some!
smile.png

See now I watched a episode where this guy is following a plow to get to his bunker, and I'm thinking, "what will he do when there is no plow to follow?" Not to mention seeing all these natural disasters, it's likely the bunker will take a hit and all will be lost anyhow.

In my ecology class I learned the number one killer in disasters is landslides.

Now if as one guy who sent me newsletters you're a Christian it'd be easier to prepare for the rapture than the tribulation.

I just enjoy seeing the fruits of my labor and having some to give to the less fortunate. Some folks can't do what I do. Of course I do pray for a good crop. Too I'd like to cut my dependence on the government and keep them out of my business.

I figure what ever I save I can put toward paying off my mortgage and other necessities I've charged. Though right now I've more wants than needs.

The grass may BE greener on the other side but if you could see what's making it green it would kill you.

I would love to have solar panels but my they ARE high! And I don't understand the concept enough to build one though I've seen homemade ones to power chicken coops and such online. Has anyone on here tried that? Maybe I can sign up for a contest on one of those websites and win some!
smile.png

He just sat and stared at me.........he was right on the edge of the dirt road so maybe he got clipped or something. He flew up to the tree ok and he's not there today. He was about 50 yards away from my girls, so I shooed everyone into the covered 'Florida room'
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom