Homesteaders

We found out on New Years Eve that there was a party place just down the dead-end road from us. don't know how far, but we are at the intersection everyone must go through to get there. There has been a party out there about every weekend since. A couple of the partiers really need to work on their mufflers and a couple of the trucks have glass packs also. Noisy! and annoying at 3 am, but not really something to call the cops about. It usually takes about an hour for all the partiers to get headed out.

Neighbor was varmint hunting last week. I sure go tired of listening to his dying rabbit tape.
barnie.gif

I was tempted to go out and shoot his tape player. Wouldn't he be surprised
gig.gif

Sorry to hear about the surgery - my prayers for your recovery and good results.

Also sorry to hear about Cookie getting out. I agree, she is preggers. They don't wait around for that, no dinner and a movie. Hope you can find an affordable place to have her spayed. And to heck with the bozo who says no, You will be alot better off without having to deal with pups. She will listen better also. My DH is saying we will not have our pup neutered until he is 1 year old, I said we will see how it goes. Our last pup didn't get fixed until he was a year, but he had a 6 foot fence with a concrete footing and could not get out. This one will not be as secure.

We found out on New Years Eve that there was a party place just down the dead-end road from us. don't know how far, but we are at the intersection everyone must go through to get there. There has been a party out there about every weekend since. A couple of the partiers really need to work on their mufflers and a couple of the trucks have glass packs also. Noisy! and annoying at 3 am, but not really something to call the cops about. It usually takes about an hour for all the partiers to get headed out.

Neighbor was varmint hunting last week. I sure go tired of listening to his dying rabbit tape.
barnie.gif

gig.gif

Go for it!!
clap.gif

barnie.gif

gig.gif
Dying rabbit tapes? For real? Wow...there's a whole world out there I know nothing about.

@DesertChic its a rabbit screaming, any predator will be attracted to it, it sounds god awful, they also use them when bigfoot hunting sometimes lol

@DesertChic its a rabbit screaming, any predator will be attracted to it, it sounds god awful, they also use them when bigfoot hunting sometimes lol

Bigfoot hunting, eh? Hmm...I've got a couple of female friends who can't find "the right guy". I may have to suggest that they use one of these tapes. Maybe their luck will improve..LOL!

Haven't posted in awhile so I figured I'd update you all on my progress... I'm currently growing swiss chard, two types of lettuce, cabbage, collards, broccoli, carrots, spinach, garlic & kale. I'm in the process of constantly expanding my garden area (I do no till lasagna gardening with arbor mulch covering) to includes a potato patch and a peach tree planted a few days ago. I'm midway thru adding an asparagus bed. Coming next will be strawberries and a few other perenial berries, a pear tree, some onions and chives and other herbs with a few flowers sprinkled in to attract pollinators.. My 8 chickens are picking back up on their laying so I'm getting 5-7 eggs a day. They are deep littered in an open air coop so they are churning up my fall leaves and composting my veggie scraps, I call them my soil factory. I also vermicompost using red wiggler composting worms and they've reproduced exponentially over the last year. I've really enjoyed the result of adding their castings to my garden beds in whole form at planting and then as compost tea later. On the near future agenda is meat rabbits, a fodder system, and some passive rain catchment (hugelkultur style swales and a small pond which will be stocked with native bluegill) as well as adding guttering on my buildings into rain barrels. Did I mention all of this is in my urban back yard? lol I'm well on my way but there's still always work to do!

Haven't posted in awhile so I figured I'd update you all on my progress... I'm currently growing swiss chard, two types of lettuce, cabbage, collards, broccoli, carrots, spinach, garlic & kale. I'm in the process of constantly expanding my garden area (I do no till lasagna gardening with arbor mulch covering) to includes a potato patch and a peach tree planted a few days ago. I'm midway thru adding an asparagus bed. Coming next will be strawberries and a few other perenial berries, a pear tree, some onions and chives and other herbs with a few flowers sprinkled in to attract pollinators.. My 8 chickens are picking back up on their laying so I'm getting 5-7 eggs a day. They are deep littered in an open air coop so they are churning up my fall leaves and composting my veggie scraps, I call them my soil factory. I also vermicompost using red wiggler composting worms and they've reproduced exponentially over the last year. I've really enjoyed the result of adding their castings to my garden beds in whole form at planting and then as compost tea later. On the near future agenda is meat rabbits, a fodder system, and some passive rain catchment (hugelkultur style swales and a small pond which will be stocked with native bluegill) as well as adding guttering on my buildings into rain barrels. Did I mention all of this is in my urban back yard? lol I'm well on my way but there's still always work to do!

Sounds like you have a really nice setup! I've never heard of "lasagna gardening", but it sounds pretty tasty.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom