Homesteaders

Oh I will win. Its my garden so it's my rules. . I'm mean when I need to be. I can also be very persuasive if need be. I will simply explain to him to let me do it my way this year and if if fails we can do it his way after that. Or I can tell him we can both do half the garden our way. Who ever gets the best yeild gets control.

If not, I hear bodies make great compost...............
wink.png

you people are terrible. I'd just choose things to grow that take into account local conditions which INCLUDE tilling. Win WIn.

Ummm... Did you ever tell him not to till the garden? Most men don't do psychic..... or subtle, Signs would be a good start.
lau.gif
No we don't and most women don't say what they mean. We're supposed to "get a clue". Just say what you want. This is one I read in Dear Amy a lot.

"We've been living together for X years, but I really want to be married, blah, blah, blah..........I told him it was okay but I really, really, really want a big wedding. How can I get him to change his mind and marry me ?
barnie.gif
Never settle!!

You wouldn't walk into a McDonalds and expect them to "guess" what you want would you? You wouldn't go into a shoes store and tell the sales clerk "guess which pair I like." Then walk out with whatever style they gave you would you?

Life is not a game show.
old.gif

Him: What would you like for Christmas? Her: (cuz she knows what they can afford) " I'd like this, this and/or this." " Not well if you can't figure out that's your problem" or "You should know we've been together for two weeks, two month, two years". (exaggeration)
barnie.gif

Stick a sign up. YOU TILL MY GARDEN I'M GONNA PLANT YOUR BODY IN IT!! See there's no way to mistake what you want, er is that don't want.
old.gif

I know something about love
You've gotta want it bad
If that guy's got into your blood
Go out and get him

If you want him to be the very part of you
That makes you want to breathe
Here's the thing to do
Tell him that you're never gonna leave him

Tell him that you're always gonna love him
Tell him, tell him, tell him, tell him right now

lau.gif

you people are terrible. I'd just choose things to grow that take into account local conditions which INCLUDE tilling. Win WIn.

Well now there is a movement of getting away from tilling. There are those who believe it is BAD for the garden because you stir up the good bugs and they dry out and die. It's something you'll have to Google.

There is also a movement toward raised beds. Though I understand why some couldn't use them, but they can be only 4" high and as long as you need. The key is to not walk on your planting area.

I've had parts of my flower garden that were so soft I could plant by digging with my hand. Don't underestimate good compost and peat moss.

You would not believe the trouble I had with Hollyhocks, Morning glories and Foxglove. Lord have mercy, those things would be popping up all over the place. Any clear patch of ground was game for them. Right in the middle of my lawn!

I have composted right in my garden for years. No tilling here. Just rake the mulch back and plant the seeds. Put the mulch back against the plants after they have sprouted. I am a fan of Ruth Stout, she wrote several books that are very good reading.

No we don't and most women don't say what they mean. We're supposed to "get a clue". Just say what you want. This is one I read in Dear Amy a lot. "We've been living together for X years, but I really want to be married, blah, blah, blah..........I told him it was okay but I really, really, really want a big wedding. How can I get him to change his mind and marry me ? :barnie Never settle!! You wouldn't walk into a McDonalds and expect them to "guess" what you want would you? You wouldn't go into a shoes store and tell the sales clerk "guess which pair I like." Then walk out with whatever style they gave you would you? Life is not a game show. :old Him: What would you like for Christmas? Her: (cuz she knows what they can afford) " I'd like this, this and/or this." " Not well if you can't figure out that's your problem" or "You should know we've been together for two weeks, two month, two years". (exaggeration) :barnie Stick a sign up. YOU TILL MY GARDEN I'M GONNA PLANT YOUR BODY IN IT!! See there's no way to mistake what you want, er is that don't want. :old [COLOR=474747]I know something about love [/COLOR]
[COLOR=474747]You've gotta want it bad [/COLOR]
[COLOR=474747]If that guy's got into your blood [/COLOR]
[COLOR=474747]Go out and get him [/COLOR]

[COLOR=474747]If you want him to be the very part of you [/COLOR]
[COLOR=474747]That makes you want to breathe [/COLOR]
[COLOR=474747]Here's the thing to do [/COLOR]
[COLOR=474747]Tell him that you're never gonna leave him [/COLOR]

[COLOR=474747]Tell him that you're always gonna love him [/COLOR]
[COLOR=474747]Tell him, tell him, tell him, tell him right now [/COLOR] :lau
Oh I do tell. I'm very spoiled and like things my way. I also know no one but me knows how I want things done unless I explain. I'm not a subtle person. Example. .. Him "What do you want for Christmas? " Me "I want the turkey fryer from gander mountain, the one with the 30qt and 15qt pots." I also don't watch for hints from him. Either he tells me or he goes without. He's just stubborn and thinks my garden HAS to be tilled. So agreement made, he gets the existing garden and I'm putting my raised beds anyplace I want.

Back
Top Bottom