Homesteaders

Here I am again. I have so much trouble with this site that I let things go by the wayside.

Anyhow. Mythreesons, not sure what the term means. Either you garden or you don't. Guess if it's part of your livelihood then you're not a Hobby gardener. I don't really care I just do it. Haven't been to school for it though. Should have changed my major when I was in college but didn't.

I came here today to ask about eating Wild plants. Who here knows a great deal about it and makes it a regular practice? Any books on doing so that you'd recommend?

I'll try to keep up.

http://www.amazon.com/Edible-Wild-Plants-American-Natural/dp/1402767153

$11.08 on Amazon.com

I've always been a country girl couldn't imagine living in the city--I'm sure you felt the same living in the country.

I'm doing this for many many reasons but mostly because I can does that make sense?
Seems to me where you live shouldn't determine who or what you are. Never liked the term "trailer trash" and all that type of thing. I seen some trailers kept better than some houses. Point being as long as a person behaves themselves shouldn't matter where they live.

I've lived in the city proper and in the country and in between. I've evolved as time goes by in my thinking. So I'm here for now. Only God knows what tomorrow will bring. You can be sure the weather man don't.
lau.gif
Cuz I'm freezing. I sure hope it's not this cold when we get to Alaska.
lau.gif
I think I'll pack some long Johns just in case. Wonder why they're called long JOHNS and not long Bills or Jimmies or some other name, and who was the John they're named after? Did John make them or Johns mother or wife? Was John really long or was it cuz he wore shorts and the underwear were long? Maybe he was Scandinavian and wore Ledderhosen, but then go the LONG underwear? Well I guess I'll just have to wonder.
idunno.gif

OH, now I remember why I logged on. One of these days my mind is gonna wander and not come back.
lau.gif

Here's the rustic fencing, when it was good.

rancher hicks~ not sure what you mean by your comment?

City living and Country living are entirely different is all I meant by my post.
I'm with you. He lost me . I wasn't implying that city vs country was a good or bad thing. I was just simply stating I prefer country. I'm the same "me" I was 20 years ago living in the middle of Wichita KS with cars every where and neighbors so close I could smell their food cook. Now I just have more space to grow stuff.

As for "classifications " such as trailer trash, I live in an ugly little trailer built in 1980. Its not the house that makes the family it's the family that makes the house. So I guess that means I live a millionaire life on a homeless budget. We have little but love much.

I'm with you. He lost me . I wasn't implying that city vs country was a good or bad thing. I was just simply stating I prefer country. I'm the same "me" I was 20 years ago living in the middle of Wichita KS with cars every where and neighbors so close I could smell their food cook. Now I just have more space to grow stuff.

As for "classifications " such as trailer trash, I live in an ugly little trailer built in 1980. Its not the house that makes the family it's the family that makes the house. So I guess that means I live a millionaire life on a homeless budget. We have little but love much.

I'm glad you agree.

My dh, myself and 3 son's plus my disabled brother lived in a trailer for 10yrs until we bought our house..we were cramped (still are really as this is a small house) but we loved our trailer.

I didn't see anything offensive in either of your posts, just talking and saying who you are. (Guess I will have to read this whole thread now LOL)

rancher hicks, Our weather men never seem to get it right either, and change the forecast throughout the day. When we went to Alaska (which was fun) it was definitely warmer than the time we went to New York ... I was never so cold in my life! Enjoyed the experience though, and got to visit with some long time friends. Also, maybe long johns got their name because of dear john letters? LOL

Hi all!

Back
Top Bottom