Homesteaders

I don't think it was getting hostile but I've seen it before. There was a free-range thread that got downright hateful and suddenly it was gone. It started with someone talking about the smartest birds survive and suddenly accusations abounded about us being abusive chicken mamas. Back to the weather, I say if it's like Arkansas the weather can be different as warm and sunny morning to sleeting and freezing at night. There has been summers (a few) that I could have got by on a fan if absolutely necessary but then again a December afternoon when we needed the A.C. That's my two cents!

In '94 I went from upstate NY where early summer had been 50s and rainy to getting off a plane in St Louis MO, felt like I walked into a microwave. Then in Ft Leonard Wood it was so hot and humid it would rain sometimes with no clouds, great big raindrops. ..

In '94 I went from upstate NY where early summer had been 50s and rainy to getting off a plane in St Louis MO, felt like I walked into a microwave. Then in Ft Leonard Wood it was so hot and humid it would rain sometimes with no clouds, great big raindrops. ..
ewww yuck!! I was there in '99 and it was just as bad. I traveled there from Wichita KS

Not a good day on the ranch here.
Dead cow.... fell in the tank couldn't get out. She was a 4-6 year old with a calf estimated $2500+ lost

Sorta funny electrical episode today. DW called me at work upset. Half the electric in the house quit. She found the tripped breaker and it turned back on but she shut it back off afraid something was wrong. We've delt with electrical issues before other places we've lived so I was not looking forward to figuring it out. Could be just the wire loose in the breaker box.
Then she called again a couple hrs later after she moved the TV to a room that had power. One of the three youngsters said our 4yr old boy tried screwing a flashlight into the socket above mommy's bed. They wanted more light in their room they said. We took the bulb out to use elsewhere and didn't replace it cause all we do is sleep in there and there is light from a window and from their room. He had to stand on a little kids chair on the bed to reach the socket... When did this happen? mom asks, 'when the lights turned off'... problem solved and no dead kids so a good day I guess. ..

Back
Top Bottom