Homesteaders

My tomatoe cages looked to be about the same size as yours, but I didn't have the bright idea of putting a t post in the middle.
And I only found out AFTER I wasted all my pumpkins that chickens love them
1f62b.png

Also, do I have to eat lamb? Can't it be an adult sheep? Would it be different?
And I wish I could have been hunting today! I saw 14 deer today. And also a coyote

Last edited:
My tomatoe cages looked to be about the same size as yours, but I didn't have the bright idea of putting a t post in the middle.
And I only found out AFTER I wasted all my pumpkins that chickens love them
1f62b.png

Also, do I have to eat lamb? Can't it be an adult sheep? Would it be different?
And I wish I could have been hunting today! I saw 14 deer today. And also a coyote

You can and that's called mutton and as with anything older, they are tougher and have a deeper/stronger flavor. Lambs are considered lambs up to 1 yr old, so they are adult size in most cases when they are butchered.

Another summer project.

Cleaning up the old smokehouse as a surprise for my dad. The door fell off years ago and there's birds nests, and stuff all over the floor..

Here's the huge pot I can't wait to cook something in it!

Also rode for 10 minutes bareback today in a halter. I can't wait til calving starts!!

Got out the old sewing machine today and set it up for a sewing project. Now, I'm no Suzy Homemaker when it comes to sewing....barely slid by in Home Ec class, but I still manage to sew a straight seam every now and again with a machine.

This project is just putting some velcro tabs and/or snaps in the back of my Dad's shirts so the staff at the nursing home have an easier time dressing him. His joints are getting much stiffer with age and he can't really help by putting his own arms in the sleeves and such, so shirts that open and close easily up the back are a real nifty thing to have. He already has a couple that snap up the back that one of my sisters made for him and the staff LOVE those. I hope to cycle all his shirts out of there and bring them home for modification in this manner.

If he were chair and bed bound, I'd work on his pants too but he's ambulatory, so it's not really necessary right now.

I don't know if any of you have family in an extended care facility, but if you do, little things like this can make their lives and their daily care an easier thing for them. Another thing we do for Dad is provide a 3 in. memory foam topper to his mattress...don't know how many of you have ever had to sleep on a hospital bed mattress all your days, but they are horribly uncomfortable. In all the years I worked as a nurse I never saw anyone provide any mattress topper for their family in a nursing home and always wondered why...they can provide a better night's sleep, reduce pressure over bony areas, help preserve skin integrity and help with painful joints. If the facility will allow it, it's a wonderful thing to have.

Dad was getting up at night and wandering around, then sleeping in the chairs in the hallway during the day and almost falling on his face because of it. Then I suggested the memory foam for his mattress, as he had one on his bed at home also. Since then they've reported that he sleeps all night long and is active and walking the halls all day....say they've never seen anyone walk as many miles as my Dad in there. Memory foam...it does a body good! I could never get any sleep if I didn't have one on my own bed...sure feels good to my old joints.

Does anyone here sell on Ebay? What pointers can you give me.

My older brother sends me things from time to time and I don't need this stuff so I thought I'd try to get some money. Three recent things he sent I see on Ebay.

I have a buddy with a craigslist acct that I have take pics and post it for me. He just puts my name on the add. This site is about all I do online. By the way, interested in a Ford truck.

I have done CL too but Ebay covers more territory. Not to many mail things from CL do they?

I'm not sure. I'd go ahead and give the ebay a try. I was just wondering if you had a local friend with an acct. I don't know about ebay but CL and Amazon cost for an acct. Worth it if you use several times a year. But if your like me and the one time a year isn't worth it. My neighbor has a free shipping with amazon.

Back
Top Bottom