Homesteaders

There were many posting on FB about to heat or not to heat. Some posters said "birds froze to death". I recently lost my Birchen Maran rooster. This right after the Jan thaw and tempts in the 50's that dropped to below zero the next day. I had stated that I thought birds that seem to die due to the cold weren't healthy to begin with and I suspect this to be the case with my rooster. His father dies suddenly too. Fine when I saw him but twenty minutes later dead. No signs of trouble to either when last seen. Point, I don't think healthy birds die due to the cold. Two things to remember though. Clean water and fresh feed. Easy on the treats. IMHO.
I may replace him with a Copper since the hens had copper in them, or not. We shall see. DW is not doing good and I need the strength to downsize severely.

well i think we decided on the next live stock where getting into. goats :)

our horse pasture is over run with weeds so did some research and family agrees goats are a good investment to clean up the pasture of weeds (there most likely going to be pets)

I am going to get small goats, they need less feed and less space. They are great at getting rid of brush. The builder needs to finish the goat shed and we have fencing to install once the ground melts.

My sister is thinking about getting rid of her goats. She got them to clean the brush out of the back of her lot and they have done that. However, they have also taken out the landscaping when they escaped - hers and the neighbors; they are very noisy - especially when she goes out in the backyard; they have demolished the chicken run and other things. They are cute, but she says they are very naughty goats.

We have family and friends from our church. Too, we could not go through this with out God. Today she is doing better. Thank you for your prayers. I told God last night that there must be someone praying whose prayer you will answer.

My sister is thinking about getting rid of her goats. She got them to clean the brush out of the back of her lot and they have done that. However, they have also taken out the landscaping when they escaped - hers and the neighbors; they are very noisy - especially when she goes out in the backyard; they have demolished the chicken run and other things. They are cute, but she says they are very naughty goats.
Yeah, goats love landscaping. Hot wires to the rescue!

Back
Top Bottom