Homesteading is hard... my poor turkey hen

Do you have a garage or a predator proof building without loads of mice? Maybe you could take some tall cardboard and make a pen and put some bedding in it for her.
We have a emergency pen right next to them but I don't think there is any mice there... the one problem is it has my 4 pullets in it. We also have some temperary fencing that we could attach to the dog cage so she has more space.

We have a emergency pen right next to them but I don't think there is any mice there... the one problem is it has my 4 pullets in it. We also have some temperary fencing that we could attach to the dog cage so she has more space.
I know it might sound extreme, but maybe just for tonight, do you have a spare bathroom or laundry room you can put her in? If its rats, she could be dead by morning.. she sounds injured nonetheless ❤❤❤

Maybe try putting her nest of eggs in the crate inside the emergency fencing, that is, if she can easily make it in and out of the crate.

I know it might sound extreme, but maybe just for tonight, do you have a spare bathroom or laundry room you can put her in? If its rats, she could be dead by morning.. she sounds injured nonetheless ❤❤❤
Oh, a spare bathroom might work. But, maybe it will stress her out, and make her more unlikely to keep sitting? Not sure.

Oh, a spare bathroom might work. But, maybe it will stress her out, and make her more unlikely to keep sitting? Not sure.
I would just try your best to save her.. maybe she will sit, maybe not. I notice if i throw old towels near my chickens they sort of dig them up into a nest. If its dark she might accept anything and just go to sleep until morning.

Back
Top Bottom