Homesteading/Off Grid Living near South Eastern PA?

Thanks for the reply!
Not really a house hunting time of course, but once we’re back to a normal sort of life.
My parents live in Lancaster, and I grew up there about 1/2 of my childhood. East hemp field area.
We love driving down route 30 to their house and back admiring the farms and animals along the way.
Taxes are the decider aren’t they. The price I’d land can vary pretty wildly through PA but the taxes can be pretty brutal!
The taxes really are crazy, we were looking in Oxford for a little, if you’re familiar with the area, and for about 1/4 acre it was around 3,500. We live in Fulton Township now and for an acre it’s about 1/3 of that! Such a beautiful area around here though!

Thanks for the reply!
Not really a house hunting time of course, but once we’re back to a normal sort of life.
My parents live in Lancaster, and I grew up there about 1/2 of my childhood. East hemp field area.
We love driving down route 30 to their house and back admiring the farms and animals along the way.
Taxes are the decider aren’t they. The price I’d land can vary pretty wildly through PA but the taxes can be pretty brutal!
Love lancaster area:) South central PA

Back
Top Bottom