Honestly... did I screw up?

Paganbird

CrescentWood Farm
11 Years
Apr 25, 2009
Western Pa
I had 5 eggs ready to hatch.
Day 21 went by... nothing.
Day 22: got a pip in the early am, hatched around 10pm. After the hatch, I could hear sounds from another egg & saw movement.
Day 23: I was pretty sure I saw 2 eggs moving & could definitely hear "peep" from one of them. The chick from last night was stumbling over the eggs, rolling them around, so I decided to take it out. I Distinctly heard sounds from one of the eggs immediately after removing the new chick. I quickly rolled the remaining eggs right side up and re-wet the sponge.
It was about 8am, so I went to do morning chores. About a half hour later, came in to check on eggs and... nothing. No sounds, no movement, no nothing. (Hatched chick is in brooder right beside bator.) It's been almost 12 hours & I've neither seen nor heard ANYTHING.
Do you think I could've screwed up temp and/or humidity & lost them before they pipped? (None actually pipped through.)
This is my first incubator experience and I'm trying soooo hard to get it right:confused:
I'm leaving them in the bator for now, but I would like to get some opinions. Thanks!

Quote:
First of all these are chickens right, that being said. (and im not experience.) But in my limited experience I had a mocovy that just hatched so late but I found out it was. So maybe you have a breed that takes a bit. Have you had any black outs?

Last edited:
These are chickens. The one that hatched was EE. The 2 with movement were Ameracaunas. (There were 2 others with no movement - one of each of those breeds.) I'm worried that when I took the chick out, I wrecked the temp/humidity for the remaining eggs. I was careful, but it's just a LG bator. They wouldn't go from moving & making noise to complete silence & stillness for 12 hrs straight, would they?
Thanks for your patience with me - I'm new at this
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom