HONESTLY How common are deformities and problems?**PICS ADDED**

Quote:
Most of my orders from Ideal have some issue. Out of 25 - 50 you get one or two with Crooked feet, Beaks, Legs. I think the only order I had without issues was the last Silkies I ordered the first of this month.

They refund for the problem chicks so I dont have a problem with them.
But maybe its their stock?

What about having the incubator across the kitchen from the Washer/Dryer? Would the spin cycle shake a room hard enough to cause problems?

The chicks I have been hatching are 1/2 EE and 1/2 Silkie would the genetics of the two breeds crossed be causing the problems?

You'd have to test hatching in and out of the laundry room to see for sure, but I doubt it will be a problem. As for crosses, most have hybrid vigor and less problems then purebreds.

Basically these hatchings have been test runs for my Genesis 1588. I know the temp is dead on right. I need a hygrometer to watch the humidity before I hatch more and test another room away from the Kitchen.
I still have 2 EEs and 20 Quail in the bator so I cant change it just yet!
I will run another test in a week on more cross breeds before I try purebreds.

Heres the chick with the turned eyes. It blinks sideways like an alien.
tongue.png

SANY5763.jpg

SANY5762.jpg

SANY5764.jpg

I have picturse of my cyclops (and only lower beaked) coturnix quail chick if anyone wants to see...it's dead tho...and theres blood...soo...i wont post until I get the "go head"

LOL okay i hope no one else gets offended htough sorry if you do....i'll put a ton of spaces in it though so you have to go down far on my post to see it

It will look to you like it does have two eyes, however in the smaller "eye lids" there was no actual eye..only one large eye on the other side. I didnt look really closely but i ddi not see any nostrils either...which would explain why it died immediatly after i took it out of the shell..poor lil thing but i would have culled it anyhow and was going to..but it beat me to it...

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

Back
Top Bottom