Honking Geese Driving Us Nuts

I have to say, it makes me angry that some people get birds without thinking of what is needed to protect them and give them a good home. I agree that the poster got off lucky that their neighbors didn't complain, but mostly that the poor geese aren't dead.
So sad that they now have to be re-homed somewhere else AGAIN. If a coop had been provided for them from the start I think the poster would have seen how fun and entertaining they are and how nice they are to have.

Your digging up dinosaur bones this post was from 2015 start some new posts your opinion counts. Teach folks they need to know. The problem with geese is new folks show up all the time to read through the archives but no one is teaching them till its a panic help me situation. Just condemning the person that wrote the post in 2015. Teach people geese are incredible, Individual, Family, Friends,

I should have noticed the date of the post. I agree with you. I am just frustrated with people collecting intelligent creatures with no research or understanding of their natural behavior. More than nice I have had new additions to my flock from “drop offs”. While I am away people put their ducks or chickens inside my fence. They don’t realize that fuzzy little creature will grow up requiring care. I dread post-Easter months.
Thanks for pointing out my error. Take care

I should have noticed the date of the post. I agree with you. I am just frustrated with people collecting intelligent creatures with no research or understanding of their natural behavior. More than nice I have had new additions to my flock from “drop offs”. While I am away people put their ducks or chickens inside my fence. They don’t realize that fuzzy little creature will grow up requiring care. I dread post-Easter months.
Thanks for pointing out my error. Take care
I did not go looking for this post. It was sent to me by Backyardchickens just the other day, seeming to be just recent! I did not see the date either when I responded. Totally agree with you, and I left a similar comment. They shouldn't send us old posts. Too bad the original poster didn't do research before taking the poor geese only to then feel the need to re-home them because of ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom